california registration

mikey68

california registration

Post by mikey68 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:15 pm

i am currently living in kansas which has lax registry laws and contemplating moving to california with my son but upon reading the registration laws I'm confused and dismayed about the laws.. i committed my crime here in kansas in 98 and been off parole since 2002 and am a lifer registrant however im more concerned about the living restrictions due to my son being school age and employment opportunities..i lived in califoria in the mid 90's and am becoming home sick and want to move back..if anyone here lives in california dealing with the registration laws please let me know what is what out there and what i can expect in terms of residence and jobs (im pretty much a shade tree mechanic and laborer) thanks

Fallen hero

Re: california registration

Post by Fallen hero » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Good resource for your inquiry is http://all4consolaws.org/

But as I understand it residency restrictions have been repealed due to law suits by the above organization. May still be on the books but not enforced.

JoshR3572

Post by JoshR3572 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:03 pm

mikey68 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:15 pm
i am currently living in kansas which has lax registry laws and contemplating moving to california with my son but upon reading the registration laws I'm confused and dismayed about the laws.. i committed my crime here in kansas in 98 and been off parole since 2002 and am a lifer registrant however im more concerned about the living restrictions due to my son being school age and employment opportunities..i lived in califoria in the mid 90's and am becoming home sick and want to move back..if anyone here lives in california dealing with the registration laws please let me know what is what out there and what i can expect in terms of residence and jobs (im pretty much a shade tree mechanic and laborer) thanks
Have you considered moving to Texas? I'm a lifer here with a non-contact crime and only have to re-register once a year here.

mikey68

Post by mikey68 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

thanks josh but texas never crossed my mind as im pretty set on living in cali.. out of curiosity, what is the registration requirments for offenders with a victim under the age of 14? hope to see you more on here.

JoshR3572

Post by JoshR3572 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:59 am

mikey68 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm
thanks josh but texas never crossed my mind as im pretty set on living in cali.. out of curiosity, what is the registration requirments for offenders with a victim under the age of 14? hope to see you more on here.
I will have to check on that. I'm on the list for life on a CP charge, age of victims the prosecutor's best guess was between 14 and 17. I have no restrictions here at all. I only have to verify my address once a year and can pretty much live where ever I wan't to live.

Warneracask

california registration

Post by Warneracask » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:19 pm

We have been looking at homes here in california for 2 weeks and there are more buyers then homes being sold. So we head back to new hampshire on september 1 st with no home bought. We shall see what the future holds.