Wow, things have really slowed down in here

Met

Re: Wow, things have really slowed down in here

Post by Met » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:13 pm

I think many people struggle with the problem of finding somewhere to talk where people get it. Here we do not impose our preconception of each other because of our label. I also think we all have a stake in whether one of our brothers or sisters reoffends. So we need to be willing to challenge each other.

JoshR3572

Post by JoshR3572 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 am

mikey68 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 pm
i agree with you gosh. i mistakenly moved back to the small town where i committed my crime and regret it. just wanted to raise my son away from the big city but no one ever forgets therefore have no one to really hang out with ,other then my son and girlfriend but cant really guy talk with them. love my 8 year old son but the only thing hes interested in is tv and his tablet...hope everyone is safe as well...
I hear ya. Ya need to get out there and move to a place that has minimal restrictions.

mikey68

Post by mikey68 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Well, where I'm at has minimal restrictions but there's nothing here. Oklahoma is out of the question as is the eastern coast so I'm looking towards the west coast but it's almost next to impossible keeping up with current registration laws and finding employers that hire s.o.'s while out of state..anyways, hope all is well with everyone else. .

JoshR3572

Post by JoshR3572 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:47 pm

mikey68 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:32 pm
Well, where I'm at has minimal restrictions but there's nothing here. Oklahoma is out of the question as is the eastern coast so I'm looking towards the west coast but it's almost next to impossible keeping up with current registration laws and finding employers that hire s.o.'s while out of state..anyways, hope all is well with everyone else. .
Well, remember, registration laws can also change for the good. Where I live, I'm a lifer but my only restriction is to verify my address once a year.

As for employment, what I found to be successful is to look for companies that don't do a background check and there's lots of companies that only require that it's been 5 or 7 years since a conviction .

mikey68

Post by mikey68 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:51 pm

yea well, while i was in wichita ks a few companies i worked for through a temp service wanted to hire me on full time and upon filling out their applications, it asked about felony convictions for the past 7 years ( my felony was years old at that time)long story short , they went back alot further then years.. thanks for the reply and sorry for the long absentence, been busy...still wanting to move to the west coast if anyone has any personal experiance dealing with the registration laws/jobs out there.. thanks