Happy Car Mod Talk.. Share your Mods, Planned Mods, or issues you are having.

A place where we can talk about aquariums, bicycles, or job stuff that doesn't relate to our offender status. A place where, from time to time, we can just put all the work aside of recovery and just talk about other interests.
Fallen hero

Happy Car Mod Talk.. Share your Mods, Planned Mods, or issues you are having.

Post by Fallen hero » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Since getting my Explorer I've been thinking about putting in some after market Headlights and tail lights the installed ones were crappy to say the least. I've tried just change the bulbs to LED witch does look amazing.

During my search the cost of new style Projector Headlights where always in the 200-300 dollar range. Well i was browsing Costco web page and found a link to Spyder Automotive. they make after market Projector Headlight and Euro style tail lights. and about 100 less though Costco's portal then buying direct from Spyder

So I took the plunge and ordered headlights and euro tail lights.

These lights will give me LED Halos and parking lights. factory installs new H1 Halogen bulbs in both high and low beam cans. I went ahead and ordered LED H1 bulbs from Amazon 2 sets to install in both positions. New lights use your factory installed turn and parking bulbs. I am also going to change the front turns and parking bulbs to LED. I have em in the back and it looks awesome. More vibrant truer color and uses about 0.3 volts per bulb.

They will be here tomorrow before 5 pm. both packages. ill try to figure out how to post am image when I get them done.

Met

Re: Happy Car Mod Talk.. Share your Mods, Planned Mods, or issues you are having.

Post by Met » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:34 am

Cool. What year is your Explorer?

Fallen hero

Re: Happy Car Mod Talk.. Share your Mods, Planned Mods, or issues you are having.

Post by Fallen hero » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Met wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:34 am
Cool. What year is your Explorer?

1996 It Looks so awesome with the new lights installed.

ill take pics and post a couple when I get time.

axl_rose

Post by axl_rose » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm

I love those old Explorers. I had a '97 with a lift kit a while ago. Fund to drive but nad gas mileage!

The only mods I have done is to add a double-din radio and trailer hitch to my old mini-van
I'm not a sex offender but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.