Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Met

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Post by Met » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:19 pm

I want to wish all my SORComm friends Merry Christmas and I hope you have a prosperous and healthy 2018. It's been almost 17 years since my conviction but I still relate to the recovery process we all must deal with on a daily basis. I have been fortunate throughout my time in prison, probation, and the 10 years I was on the registry. I found people that would let me build a new history. I was also fortunate to have been convicted in a state that allows offenders to get off the registry.

My one wish for all of you is that your state will pass a law this year that allows you the opportunity to earn your release from the registry.

Until that day comes, please try and focus on the things you can be grateful for and try not to become isolated and afraid to face the world.

JoshR3572

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Post by JoshR3572 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:20 am

Thank you for this post Met! I think it gives a lot of us some encouragement to keep driving on. Merry "late" Christmas to you as well.

It's been almost 10 years since I joined this site and I'm truly glad to know each and all of you on here.

axl_rose

Post by axl_rose » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:41 pm

Hope every one had a great holiday! I was sick with the flu so, I did not do much or go anywhere for Christmas or New Years. It's been almost eight years for me I think since I joined this site. I'm glad it is still around even if it has gotten quiet around here.
I'm not a sex offender but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

dogit

Post by dogit » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:44 am

Happy New Year everyone..sorry for the late post. Just havent been on here much....Still plugging along....